Level 2 Foundations in Yoga Therapy – RYT500
This two year course is designed to introduce you to the vast field of yoga therapy. Focusing on the real life application of yogic principals and tools and its integration with other health & wellness modalities as applied to various health conditions.
Level 2 Foundations in Yoga Therapy provides a solid foundation for you as a yoga teacher to continue your education and build your knowledge toward becoming a yoga therapist and may be bridged directly into the IIYT 800 hour Yoga Therapist Training program.
Students must attend all sessions. There will be 3 four day weekends and 1 six day intensive per year for two years. You will have 300 contact hours and 100 non-contact hours in this teacher training. The program will include reading assignment, homestudy projects and you will be expected to participate in class discussions.
Some Course Topics & Program Outcomes:
- Tension/Trauma Releasing Exercises-TRE Global Certification
- Knowledge and Application of Assessment Skills
- Guiding Principals of Functional Yoga Therapy
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology
- Learn how to work with special issues & needs of clients with back & spinal issues,
- autoimmune, cancer, cardiovascular, pre & post natal
- Integrating ayurvedic principles, yoga tools and western therapeutic modalities
- Breathing exercises, easy postures and other yoga tools
- Functional Anatomy, Physiology, Biomechanics & Kinesiology and its relationship
- Business of Yoga, Networking, Marketing & Professional Boundaries & Ethics
- Importance of Restorative Yoga & its application
Yoga Alliance 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate or have the equivalent
1 year of yoga teaching experience
2 years of yoga personal practice
30 hours of Anatomy & Physiology**
20 hours of Back Care**
Completion of Required Reading Assignments
This program meets the standards for an RYS300, and you will be able to submit for your RYT500 thru Yoga Alliance at the completion of this program if you have a RYT200 certificate.
**Not necessary if you are a graduate of IIYT 200 hour program