Institute of Integrated Yoga Therapy
Yoga Therapy Teacher Training & 800 hour Yoga Therapist
IIYT trains those aspiring to be yoga teachers and yoga therapists. We currently have three RYS-Registered Yoga Schools thru Yoga Alliance, 200RYT, Pre-natal RPYT and Children’s RCYT and have been teaching yoga therapy specialized workshops to yoga teachers for over ten years.
The IIYT 800 hour Yoga Therapist Certification Program is divided into two levels.
- Level 1 is the foundational two years program for those wishing to be a Certified Yoga Therapist and meets/exceeds the requirements for the Yoga Alliance RYT500 and includes a focus on Yoga Therapist Training as stated in the IAYT Competencies.
- Level 2 is the continuation of study for Applied Yoga Therapy and is a 800 hour IIYT certification Yoga Therapist Program.
Yoga Therapy Foundations – Level 1 Advanced Teacher Training
This advanced course is designed to introduce the yoga teacher to the field of Yoga Therapy. This comprehensive program will be offered over a two-year period. This program has been structured for those that need to integrate their yoga training into their busy lives with, 3- four day weekends & 1- six day intensive per year. At completion of this advanced yoga teacher training, the yoga teacher will be able to apply for the Yoga Alliance 500 hour certification.
Applied Yoga Therapy – Level 2 Certified Yoga Therapist Training
IIYT expands on the foundational yoga therapy teacher training offering students the Level 2 Yoga Therapist Training. The Yoga Therapy program will be offered for an additional two-year period, meeting 3-four day weekends and 1-six day intensives per year. Graduates of this 800 hour yoga therapist training program will be certified by IIYT as a Yoga Therapist.
This progressive four-year teacher training is designed to maintain yogic & healthcare standards keeping one working within their scope of practice. Each year the yoga teacher will advance their knowledge, expanding each year upon what has been taught in the previous year.
IIYT Yoga Therapist 800 hour Teacher Training Program
Yoga Therapy Training Topics
- Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue & Fibromyalgia
- Auto – Immune Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Back Care, Spine Issues & Prevention
- Hips, Knees & Feet
- Shoulders, Elbows & Hands
- Pre & Post Natal Issues
- Insomnia, Migraines & Other Headaches
- Children’s Yoga Therapy
- Athletes & Sport Specific Issues
- Chair Yoga & Adaptive Yoga for body & health challenges
- Restorative Yoga I & II
- Ayurveda Principles: Application, disease management, anatomy & physiology and Doshic theory
- Applied Anatomy Physiology, Kinesiology & Biomechanics
- Chakras and the Systems of the Body
- Yoga, the mind, psychology & emotional health
- Yoga Philosophy: Yoga Sutras, Bhagavad Gita, etc.
- Yoga Nidra
- Vayus & Alignment
- The Business of Yoga and developing a Business Plan
- Applied Yoga Therapy
- Practicum: Mentorship
- Practicum: Individual Teaching
- Practicum: Group Teaching
- Practicum: Meetings